A foresight panel operates in connection with the working group that coordinates government analysis, assessment and research activities. The panel coordinates the government’s joint foresight activities and serves as a cooperation network for the ministries in their work related to preparation of the Government foresight report.
Objectives and tasks
The objective of the working group is to consolidate the work and coordination of joint foresight activities in government. The panel communicates and liaises in government in matters related to foresight and participates in the formulation of the Government foresight report.
The panel and its members tasks are to:
- advance processes related to foresight activities in their ministries;
- coordinate the preparation of the ministries’ futures reviews;
- communicate foresight information in their ministries and the ministry’s administrative branch;
- identify foresight needs;
- engage their ministries in the formulation of the foresight report in ways that will be determined separately; and
- submit a proposal for each government term for coordinating the drafting of a description of the context of operations or other foresight work as the basis for the futures reviews of the ministries.
Kaisa Oksanen, Prime Minister’s Office,
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Justice
Ministry of the Interior
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Education and Culture
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Ministry of Transport and Communications
Ministry of Employment and the Economy
Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
Ministry of the Environment
Jouni Varanka, Prime Minister’s Office
Matti Kuivalainen, Prime Minister's Office